About Virginia V Foundation Memberships
Memberships have four levels - Deckhand, Crew, Mate, and Captain - and run for one calendar year from the date the donation is received. The levels represent cumulative giving through the year of membership and are automatically updated.
For the purposes of renewing a membership any gift made by an active member within the 10 weeks before their membership expires will be considered their renewal and their membership will be valid from the date of that gift.
Any gifts given outside of the 10 weeks before membership expires will be used to increase membership level. For example, if Lisa Buela had joined at the Deckhand Member level on March 5th and she gave another $50 in honor of the ship’s birthday on June 11th she would be at the Crew level and her membership would expire on March 5th of the following year.
Members who give recurring gifts, either quarterly or monthly, will receive the membership level that reflects one calendar year of giving. For example, if Niels Christensen gave $25/month he would be in the Mate Level of Membership because over 12 months he would give $300.
Earn a Free Membership by Volunteering
Volunteers are essential to everything we do at the foundation, from volunteering in the engine room or on the deck during an underway cruise to helping out with a summer camp. As a thank you to our most committed volunteers, we offer a free membership to any volunteers who log more than 50 hours in a year.
- Member discounted prices for one adult for public events
- Invitation to annual "Members Cruise" Event
- Free tickets to vessel re-positioning excursions
- Year round updates with our newsletter, Skeeter News
- Everything included in "Deckhand Membership" plus
- Member discounted prices extended to two adults and children under 18
- 10% discount on dockside & charter rentals
- Everything included in "Crew Membership" plus
- Member discounted prices on public events extended to guests
- Two (2) complimentary tickets to any public Cruise*
- Everything included in "Mate Membership" plus
- Invitation to exclusive Captain's Circle annual event
- Four (4) complimentary tickets to any public Cruise*
*complimentary tickets are not a guarantee of space on the ship and must be reserved in advance
Membership fees, like any donation, is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. Our Tax ID is 91-0989160.