COVID-19 Mitigation Practices
For summer 2020, we'll be taking the following steps to keep you safe aboard the ship:
- If you or anyone in your group is ill or has been exposed to COVID-19 please contact us to be rescheduled or receive a refund.
- Please be ready to board the vessel 30 minutes prior to departure time, and leave 6 feet between your group and others preparing to board the vessel.
- The total number of tickets sold for each cruise will be limited to comply with requirements of social distancing between groups on the ship and the total number of passengers allowed based on the governor's reopening phase.
- Day of cruise tickets will be available on a space available basis only via the online registration system. You'll need to show your ticket (on your phone or a printed confirmation) as you board the ship.
- Please bring your own face mask. It is required that you wear it while onboard unless unable to do so due to disability. Young children will also not be required to wear masks.
- As you board, we'll ask a few health screening questions and check your group off on our passenger list.
- We'll provide guidance about seating so that groups are separated throughout the vessel. No lines should form anywhere on the vessel.
- We encourage passengers to wash their hands thoroughly or use provided hand sanitizer while aboard the ship.
- The crew will be performing frequent cleaning of the high touch surfaces.
- If you have any questions or concerns about our policies and procedures, please contact the Steamer Virginia V Foundation: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Ship Hours
During September, our ship will be in use for cruises and other dockside activities and a number of maintenance projects are in progress. But as often as possible, Ed Brown, our senior docent, is happy to provide free tours of the ship for groups of 4 or less on weekend afternoons from noon to 5 p.m. Please be sure you are wearing a mask and stop by the ship at the Historic Ships Wharf if you're in the South Lake Union area.
Skeeter News Online
Keep pace with the VIRGINIA V with our monthly e-newsletter!