Creating Extraordinary Memories in a Remarkable Space
Charters and Private Events
The Virginia V is available for charter as a venue for weddings, holiday parties, office events, birthdays, anniversaries, and other intimate celebrations. Whether you are celebrating dockside at our homeport on Lake Union or treating your guests to an tour of Lake Washington and Puget Sound, this historic ship provides the perfect setting. The ship's long history and all-wood construction add instant charm. The size creates intimacy for any celebration. Excursions provide stunning views of Seattle's skyline and surrounding neighborhoods that are sure to make a lasting impression. Check out the Virginia V Facebook Page for more photos.
Start Planning Your Celebration
- 150 standing passengers, including caterers and vendors
- 85 seated in the main salon
- More details about the ship size and specifications
- Dockside rental: $350 to $550/hour
- Standard Excursion: $4,000-$5,000
(Includes 3 hours underway and 30 minutes dockside)
- Additional Hourly Rate: $1,000 per hour
...Members of the Foundation receive discounts on all rates.
...Learn more about Virginia V Memberships.
...We also offer Off-season and mid-week discounts.
The Steamer Virginia V Foundation is proud to partner with City Catering Company as the exclusive caterer for all events aboard the ship.
Contact our catering guru Reyn at 206-721-0334 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your vision, your catering needs and your budget.
Our general itinerary after departing from our South Lake Union homeport includes 2 ½ hours cruising Lake Union and Lake Washington. You will meet with the Captain in advance to discuss any special requests, including timing and stopping locations for wedding ceremonies and memorial services.
- Departures from other docks may be arranged with prior approval. Additional docking fees, deadhead transit hourly rates to/from South Lake Union apply.
- Cruises through the Ballard Locks into Elliott Bay are available. Additional hourly rates apply.
Captain Dale Pederson is available to officiate marriage ceremonies and memorial services. His services are contracted separately and fees vary.
Charter contract standard time is 5 hours, including:
- 1 ½ hours to set-up
- ½ hour to embark
- 2 ½ hours underway (total cruise time)
- ½ hour to disembark passengers & break down the event set-up
Tables and chairs
- 130 white folding chairs
- 4’ rounds that seat six (17 available)
- 6’ buffet tables (3 available)
- 6’ narrow buffet tables (2 available)
- 2’ guest book table (1 available)
- bistro tables (4 available)
Audio/Visual Equipment on aboard
- 5-CD changer
- mp3 hook-up
- PA system
- hand-held, corded microphone
- projector and screen are available.
- For dancing, a professional PA system is recommended.
- Linens, plates, glasses, cutlery, etc., are the responsibility of the charterer. They are NOT included and are usually arranged through your caterer.
- If you choose to use tables or chairs or a sound system other than what the Virginia V provides, rental of those items is the responsibility of the charterer.