Creating Extraordinary Memories in a Remarkable Space
Charters and Private Events
The Virginia V is available for charter as a venue for weddings, holiday parties, office events, birthdays, anniversaries, and other intimate celebrations. Whether you are celebrating dockside at our homeport on Lake Union or treating your guests to an tour of Lake Washington and Puget Sound, this historic ship provides the perfect setting. The ship's long history and all-wood construction add instant charm. The size creates intimacy for any celebration. Excursions provide stunning views of Seattle's skyline and surrounding neighborhoods that are sure to make a lasting impression. Check out the our Wedding Photo Gallery and Virginia V Facebook Page for more photos.
Put some steam into your event plans!
Now's the perfect time to begin planning your fall or holiday season charter or dockside rental.
- A maximum of 140 passengers (including caterers and other vendors) can be accommodated for casual events in good weather.
- 85 - 90 can be seated in the main (indoor) passenger salon. This is the recommended maximum guest count for an on-board wedding or an off-season event.
- For 2023 bookings, we still have lots of spring and fall dates available. Virginia V Charter Information 2023 - current as of 7-22-22 for rates and details. Please fill out the inquiry form on this page and we'll contact you to set up a time to discuss your plans and visit the ship.
- We are already booking events and cruises for 2024. Please review our Virginia V Charter Information 2024 - current as of 3-2-23 for rates and details.
- Please review the Foundation's VIRGINIA V Covid-19 Guidelines as of June 2022. All charter and rental clients need to agree to compliance with this policy before signing their contract.
- For details about dockside rentals or other questions, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discounts: Members of the Foundation receive discounts on charter fees if they pay by check.
- Food and beverage for private rentals and charters is arranged through local catering companies. We have several caterers that have recent experience on our ship and you are welcome to check them out. Here's a current list: Caterering list - Virginia V events - updated 2-20-23 You are not required to use any of these caterers. But if you would like to work with another company, we ask that they meet with one of our staff aboard the ship for an orientation so we can go over guidelines for caterers and vendors.
Contact us with any questions, special requests, or to arrange a tour of the ship. Or send us a quick message using the contact form to the right and someone will be in touch with you.
Our typical itinerary after departing from our South Lake Union homeport includes three hours cruising Lake Union and Lake Washington. You will meet with the VIRGINIA V staff in advance to discuss details for your cruise whether it be a ceremony, celebration or corporate event.
- Departures from other docks may be arranged with prior approval. Additional docking fees and repositioning fees to/from South Lake Union apply.
- Cruises through the Ballard Locks into Elliott Bay are available. Additional hourly rates apply.
Charter contract standard time is 3 hours, including:
- Mutually agreed upon set up time
- ½ hour to board passengers
- 3 hours underway (total cruise time)
- A reasonable amount of time for caterers to load on, set up and then clean up and load out
Tables and chairs
- 130 white folding chairs
- 4’ rounds that seat six (17 available)
- 6’ buffet tables (3 available)
- 6’ narrow buffet tables (2 available)
- 2’ guest book table (1 available)
- bistro tables (4 available)
Audio/Visual Equipment on aboard
- 5-CD changer
- mp3 hook-up
- PA system
- hand-held, corded microphone
- projector and screen are available.
- For dancing, a professional PA system is recommended.
- Linens, plates, glasses, cutlery, etc., are the responsibility of the charterer. They are NOT included and are usually arranged through your caterer.
- If you choose to use tables or chairs or a sound system other than what the Virginia V provides, rental of those items is the responsibility of the charterer.